What have you learned from your audience feedback?
To get my audience feedback I created a questionnaire for each product and got 15 people of my target audience to answer my questions. I also did interviews where I recorded them on my phone. I then analysed the answers to find out what the positive and negative responses were, and find areas of improvement that I could use for future products.
For the film poster, my target audience rated it highest in between 7 and 8. Most agreed that it was eye catching but the information wasn’t clear enough. For example, improvements suggested were to make the film title brighter and bolder so that it stood out more, as people agreed that the tagline took the attention away. This feedback showed me that the tagline did need repositioning, but would have left me with a big gap in the centre of the image which would have caused the poster to look weak. One of the suggestions were to add in another character to fill in the gap which was a constructive suggestion as it is a good idea and would make the poster look better as it would solve the problem of the positioning of the tagline and also the gap created.
The positive feedback showed me that I had got the mise-en-scene right as they were all able to understand the genre from the setting, costume and props used, and the composition of the image made the poster eye-catching. Some of the feedback said that the poster looked professional and conventional which teaches me that the certain information I included was necessary and helped improve the poster.
My magazine cover got a rating of 8, being most common, but 5/15 rated it at a 9. All agreed that it was an eye catching cover, mainly due to the gun being pointed towards the camera. Some said that it was bright and appealing, which made it exciting. This showed me that the single image of the main character worked effectively for the cover. The feedback also told me that the amount of text on the cover was enough to draw readers in to buy the magazine as it gave them more to look at, and interest them with the articles advertised on the front. The feedback I got didn’t give me much areas of improvement to learn from except for possible suggestions of having a different colour background for the masthead so that there wasn’t much contrast between the top and bottom of the magazine. I don’t think I would use this suggestion as I am happy with how the magazine layout and presentation looks. I think the masthead works effectively on its own with a bright background as it stands out more.
Finally, I learnt that the trailer was very successful in many ways. For example reaching out to the target audience, making it exciting enough to watch and then going on to watch the full film. It got the highest rating of 8 which tells me that the trailer worked well and effectively. All said that it represented the genre well which shows that our planning and research contributed effectively to our final product. We got a few improvement suggestions such as including less of the storyline as many thought a bit too much was given away and it should be less sequenced. This criticism is something I could agree with as it seems more of a short story in a trailer than a teaser trailer. As most people agreed on this point it shows me that I need to consider my sequencing and shots more so that enough of the plot is shown without giving too much of the story away. I still think the trailer worked well, as the transitions and music all worked well together, but taking out less of the storyline will increase the effectiveness of the trailer and make it more of a teaser trailer.
Audience feedback is used to see how the product is working, and if the meaning of the product is being portrayed. The feedback I got was able to tell me whether my work has been successful or not in representing my genre, and advertising the film well. I have learnt from my feedback that all three products have represented the genre well as was easy to understand the roles that each character played in the three media products. The improvements suggested have also shown me areas that didn’t work as effectively such as the tagline and empty spaces in the film poster. Also the amount of storyline given away in the trailer was brought to my attention and was clearer to see after getting the feedback. Having the feedback makes it easier and helpful for me to improve on areas that didn’t excel as well as others, and also make future products work better.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.