How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?
Cross-media advertising - advertising the same product or service in several different types of media which are offered by a single-company provider
To make the combination of my products more effective, I researched into the cross-media advertising campaign for Friday the 13th. I found that they repeated some of the features and elements across each media product. For example the font and text was kept the same throughout all three media products. This created a logo for the film so that it made it more recognisable. This was also shown through the images used, as the character became the main figure for the film, who is also seen in the film trailer. At the end of this research I understood that the reason for this was to ensure that more people would recognise the product being sold and would be able to associate one with another, therefore the thought of the product stuck in the mind more than just seeing it from one media product.
http://egrahamstratford.blogspot.com/2010/10/cross-media-campaign.html
From my research, I went on to do my own media products. I followed the same conventions of the cross-media advertising, using the same type and font for the ancillary tasks. I kept the representation the same also so that there wouldn't be a difference between them, keeping the style consistent. We also used the tag line '£10,000, 1 WEEK' across all three products, representing the film. Having this combination emphasises the promotion of the film in the same way the Friday the 13th film promotion does.
Cross-media advertising - advertising the same product or service in several different types of media which are offered by a single-company provider
To make the combination of my products more effective, I researched into the cross-media advertising campaign for Friday the 13th. I found that they repeated some of the features and elements across each media product. For example the font and text was kept the same throughout all three media products. This created a logo for the film so that it made it more recognisable. This was also shown through the images used, as the character became the main figure for the film, who is also seen in the film trailer. At the end of this research I understood that the reason for this was to ensure that more people would recognise the product being sold and would be able to associate one with another, therefore the thought of the product stuck in the mind more than just seeing it from one media product.
http://egrahamstratford.blogspot.com/2010/10/cross-media-campaign.html
From my research, I went on to do my own media products. I followed the same conventions of the cross-media advertising, using the same type and font for the ancillary tasks. I kept the representation the same also so that there wouldn't be a difference between them, keeping the style consistent. We also used the tag line '£10,000, 1 WEEK' across all three products, representing the film. Having this combination emphasises the promotion of the film in the same way the Friday the 13th film promotion does.
I think that the combination of all three products has worked well using the conventions that I have researched in the Friday the 13th campaign. Using the same font for the title and tag line across all three media pieces shows the understanding of the codes and conventions. We took into consideration the mise-en-scene which would represent the characters in the same way each product did. For example the costumes used show the characters in the same light as shown in the trailer. Also having the main character standing in front in the film poster, and having a single image of him for the magazine poster represents the same status as the trailer. Using all these techniques promote the film in the way cross-media advertising does, which I think brings all three products together well.
The purpose of having a film poster is for advertising the film out in public, where you are most likely to see it on billboards, bus stops etc. The purpose of the magazine promotion is so that people can read reviews on the film and find out more information about the film and get ratings. The main product, teaser trailer, has the most purpose of advertising the film and giving the audience a plot about the film and gives them a feel of what it’s going to be like.
Overall, all three media products have worked effectively with the combination of characters, fonts, tag lines and props. I am happy with how each of these products have come out because I think together they have worked well and it is a successful cross-media campaign.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.